Friday, August 26, 2005

Changing gears

I have found, over the years, that I only have time for one hobby at a time. I throw myself into that hobby, full force, and find switching time between a few is hard UNLESS I can combine them, like astronomy and photography. Years ago it was astronomy, then rally driving, then whisky tasting (yes, as a hobby more than just a drink). Now I am switching gears once again.

OK, tried the writing fiction thing AGAIN, found out AGAIN that it just isn't for me. I'd love to but permanent writer's block seems to be my affliction. Reading can be a hobby but writing is work, for me at least.

I'm BACK into astronomy! I've been out observing more in the past couple of weeks than I had in the past couple of years. It's all coming back now, so check my website for new sketches now, and photos and CCD images soon. I've mostly been sketching the sun and Mars lately, plus doing deep-sky observing but the film and CCD cameras will be out again shortly.

Dropping out of the whisky tasting club. Just not enough going on, just whisky from one independent bottler of late, James Macarthur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home