Friday, January 07, 2011

The Polaroid a day thing has been done a long time ago so this is nothing new but I still thought it would be fun, hopefully my ending won't be as sad:
photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/

My project will probably be a dog's breakfast of subjects so what better subject for the second day than my dog eating breakfast, which happens really fast so I had to work quickly here. I'd prefocused and metered beforehand and considered using a tripod but my dog ate at a different angle than he usually does so I was glad not to be tethered to a tripod, I usually am.

This is Fujifilm Instant Black and White FP-3000B, a 3200 ISO film so I was able to shoot hand held for 1/30th of a second at f/3.8 with my Mamiya RB67 Professional S using the standard Mamiya Sekor C 90mm f/3.8 lens.

Dog's breakfast

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kirsten said...

Awesome photo...good luck with your project...one a day can be rough (I did a self-portait a day project a while back...only lasted 100 days). Nice job with the polaroid too...love that idea!

January 07, 2011 5:10 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Thanks! 100 days is quite good really. I'm not calling mine a 365, just one a day for as long as it lasts. I'll need a bunch more instant film, need to stock up!

Good luck with your project as well, just saw your pictures up.

January 07, 2011 6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love how Welle's food bowl is raised. Lovely B&W shot - I dig the atmosphere and mood.

January 26, 2011 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home