Tuesday, March 15, 2005

And then there was no light

Welcome to my blog, named for a little joke I made about photography with no lights (compared to photography with one or more flashes or studio lights) and calling it Zero Light Photography instead of the usual available or natural light photography. Of course you can't take a picture without any light (even infrared photography involves the recording of electromagnetic radiation, even though it is outside of the visible spectrum). I created the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zerolightphoto for the purpose of that discussion and don't really mean to use this blog to discuss techniques but thought it was a cool name, so I used it.

I like reading, cycling, scotch malt whisky, carnivorous plants, F1 and rally automobile racing, computers, and more.

Today, my Sarracenias are flowering. My 'Scarlet Belle' hybrid's burgundy flower is just about done, the lower petals are now dry and it has released all its pollen, but my purpurea (possibly var. venosa) has started to open its deep red flower. My Venus Flytrap's flower seems to be rotting, unfortunately, so I may not get to see any and hope that the effort the plant put into the flower stalk will not deplete its energy enough to kill it.

Harry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home